Sunday, February 18, 2007

Totally Off-Topic, But .... I've Been Shuffled!!!!


In one of those "drop your business cards in a fishbowl" deals at my conference two weeks ago, I won this itty-bitty silver IPod Shuffle. Just have not had the time to figure out how to make it operational before today -- but after charging it and setting up my I-Tunes account and spending waaaaaay too much time sifting through all the songs I could buy and download, I am now in a state of blissed out tuneful nirvana. Who could have imagined that I, a woman who still lugs crates of albums - yes albums - from home to home would live to see a day when I could clip a little silver fob the size of a postage stamp to my shirt and fill my ears and soul with whatever music I prefer.... well, makes me glad to be alive in this stunning time. Not to get all "back in the day" but sometimes I just want to make everyone take two minutes to really be amazed at the inventions that furnish our lives: the Internet, GPS navigators, DVD libraries, MP3 Audiobooks, cell phones, IPods.... they really are incredible and deserve a bit of proper awe now and again!
Now if I could just find a way to get all of those albums into my Shuffle ----oooh, that would be serious Nirvana!!!!


P.S. Serendipitously, as I cruised the blogosphere, ear buds in and tunes on high, I ran across this great post about the love of one's IPod on Julius Lester's blog.... sounds like a plan!

No comments: